Ever thought about train travel for your next trip?
"I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."
~ Yogi Berra
high speed train in Italy
I love train travel! Ever since I was a child and went to Toronto Ontario from my home town. It may have been a short trip but that first excursion got me hooked. Maybe you have hesitated taking a trip by rail and if so I hope that my information will help you plan a wonderful vacation.
I will give some general information about the various types of trips that you can take by rail.
I will offer links to more details about particular types of trains, vacation packages or how to travel around various countries and general railway travel tips.
A dozen advantages:
- Travelling by train is relaxing and so much more stress free then driving in all that traffic ...sit back and even enjoy a drink.
- It is a great transportation even if it is a short day trip or one night to a nearby city to shop. When I lived in Ontario I would take trips to Toronto or Montreal or London.
- You don't have to be concerned with parking at your destination, and most train stations are conveniently located in the center of the city.
- Most of the time there is great scenery to enjoy.
- You can feel good about doing your part in helping to save the planet from global warming.
- You can combine it with a ferry or cruise
- Fly into one country - travel around it or stay on the train and go into another country very easily
- There are so many different kinds of trips to choose from luxury to the very economical to the exotic. There is something for every budget.
- No jet lag, no turbulence and breakdowns are rare.
- On long trips you can get a nice comfy bed on most trains
- It is getting faster all the time. I was on a high speed train recently in Italy that went around 250 km an hour so it got us to Florence from Rome in about hour and a half.
- It is even more hassle free than flying, and you don't have to check in hours ahead.
More about train travel
Womens comfort shoes that are fashionable. Solve the dilemma. Learn how. Don't let foot pain ruin your vacation.
When it comes to what to wear on the train you will want to be comfortable but admit it, you also like to look good. Here are some things to consider and some good train wardrobe ideas.
The train travel tips that will keep you from missing a train or paying a fine and be safe and comfortable.
One bag travel tips including a packing list. Also the pros and cons of carry-on only or checked.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.